Tuesday 15 January 2013

Additional changes to USMLE procedures for reporting scores

“Changes October 03, 2011″

As was reported previously, the USMLE program has begun the process of eliminating the reporting of results on the 2-digit score scale to parties other than the examinee and any state licensing authority to which the examinee sends results.

Because USMLE will continue to report the 2-digit score to examinees and to state licensing authorities, the program will be making changes in scoring procedures to minimize the impact of future shifts in the relationship between 2-digit and 3-digit scores that result from USMLE’s periodic review of standards. The new scoring procedures will be implemented with the reporting of results for examinees who take a Step 1, Step 2 CK, or Step 3 examination on or after October 1, 2011.

The change in scoring procedures will introduce a more stable relationship between score scales in the future. Those receiving 2-digit score results under the new system will note that, in most instances, the 2-digit score associated with a specific 3-digit score will be substantially lower than it was prior to this change.

The change in scoring procedures described above does not correct the challenges associated with using the 2-digit score scale for decisions other than those that use a score of 75 or higher to identify examinees who have passed the examination. It is highly recommended that the 3-digit score scale be used for comparisons among examinees, especially for examinees who have tested at different points in time.

Source: http://www.usmleworldwide.com/blog/?p=1013

6 comments:

  1. I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an extremely smartly written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting tips shared by you. I really like to read your blogs as they contains very important and informative content. I appreciate your efforts. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete