Monday 21 January 2013

Usmle Step 1 MCQ’s # 45

Title: Usmle Step 1 MCQ’s # 45
Subject: Behavioral Science

Q NO 45: Alter his spouse dies from advanced malignant melanoma, a man comes to his family physician stating that he is experiencing a great deal of guilt about his wife’s death and feels that he could have done more to save her. Which of the following is the best response the physician can make to this patient at this time?

A. Don’t talk like that.
B. I think every one goes at their appointed time.
C. Nobody could have saved her.
D. Tell me more about your feelings of guilt.
E. You did the best you could.

Explanation:
The correct answer is D. When a person loses someone who is close to them the most important thing they need to do is to talk about the loss. Any response that does anything other than allow and encourage the person to verbalize their feelings is inappropriate. “Tell me more about your feelings of guilt” is the only statement that encourages the patient to talk.
The other choices are all statements that will dissuade the person from talking more about the loss.

Source: http://www.usmleworldwide.com/blog/?p=1123

4 comments:

  1. I do not understand this USMLE things. Hope, someday there is one who need this information. I am sorry.

    by http://www.kerahitamshop.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete